Search This Blog

4/30/2010

HABUTAE DANGO

This very traditional looking Japanese Dango(Skewered Dumplings) Shop is called "Habutae Dango" which is located in Nippori Station:)) Nippori has many Korean food stores and restaurant I often go to buy a Korean dried laver seaweed.HAHA Anyways, this shop is like 180 years old and it's very old and very traditional.

This is the entrance of the Habutae Dango Shop.

This is the side of the shop:))

And... there is the place where you can eat inside which I will show you later but when you go out, there is a small old-fashioned Japanese garden like space where you can eat your dango:))

There is a small pond where you can see the carp and beautiful flower and full of greens!

wooo! you feel like you are in the Shrine or Temple or even forest!HAHA

There is a small gate which I guess it was made for just showing the Japanese style. Beside this store is a apartment, so I don't think people can use it. The bamboo look a like wood is blocking off your way. so ya it's just an object but still it's beautiful!

okk so the food! There is the An-Dango (Sweet Bean Paste Dumplings) which is the brown one and the Yaki-Dango (Baked Soy Sauce Dumplings) which is the orange one and of course the Green Tea! It was delicious:)) I liked the soy sauce one, well I like the soy sauce it self so...HAHA for this set, it only cost like 480 yen or something like that. It's just perfect snacks to eat while you are facing the beautiful japanese garden!

This is my friend. Sorry I just paste Lady Gaga's face on her face because I didn't ask for a permission to upload on my blog so just you know, in case she blame/criticize/scream at me for uploading it.LOL So,while you are eating out of the shop (This garden is located inside the shop but has the place where you can eat in and out. wow huh?lol), you will sit on this Tatami(straw mat) bench like my friend on the picture:)) I just felt like I was in Kyoto or something because you can't find like this place in Tokyo, like you know in the city! So I was just very relaxed and enjoyed eating Dango:))

So, this is the inside of the Dango Shop. It's very old/traditional Japanese!HAHA The staff wearing triangular bandage with the uniform and that man is just a custmer who's trying to pay.lol There are some tables and chairs and this picture is just showing half of the room so there are of course more tables and chairs where you can eat at:))

So they have tables and chairs but also they have Tatami (straw mat) room where you take off your shoes and sit on that cushion. We decided to eat at the table because we just had a huge smoothie and a Latte 1 hour before we came to this shop so it will be hard to eat on the tatami you know.HAHA
I was just happy to feel "Old Japanese" in the city:))
Here is the website for "Habutae Dango"; http://www.habutae.jp/
sorry its in Japanese though!

No comments: